Fun fact about me: I love personality tests and quizzes. I can spend countless hours on Buzzfeed taking those bullshit, “What kind of Thanksgiving pie are you?” quizzes. Even though you can mostly tweak (and predict) the results to your advantage, there are some that seem pretty legit. If crime scene investigators and FBI agents value the significance of a person’s handwriting, shouldn’t there be at least some validity to it?
I put my own handwriting to the test just to see how accurate it was. Some conclusions I agree with, while others not so much. But isn’t it always like that? Maybe I see myself differently in some areas than my friends do. As I writer, I constantly keep a pen and paper on-hand, so it was pretty easy to look back on my old notes and analyze my handwriting. These are my results:
- My letter slope is straight, which suggests I’m “mostly independent.” I’ll agree to this only in some areas. For example, I moved across the globe at 18 to gain total independence from my family. I also like working alone and shopping alone, but hate traveling alone and going to the movies alone. So it varies.
- Some of my letters are connected. Half my writing is in cursive, which suggests I’m “imaginative” and rely on “intuitions and hunches.” This is DEFINITELY true. I don’t act on something unless it feels right, and I follow my heart more often than my mind. There is not a mathematical or scientific bone in my body. It’s all creative.
- I have heavy pen pressure, which suggests I’m “healthy and forceful.” I’ll take being healthy over physically weak any day.
- The size of my capital letters is relatively small. This implies that I’m “humble” and don’t have a big ego. True.
- The crossing of my T’s is a long line as opposed to a short one, which sadly means I’m “overly aggressive.” Kinda true, especially in sports.
- The dotting of my I’s is pretty non-existent. So I’m basically a “reckless” dumbass with “poor memory.” Sometimes true.
- The loops of my L’s are closed, which suggests I’m “restricting” myself in some way. Not sure how, though…
- The loops of my E’s are also closed, which suggests I’m “skeptical.” This is true (and probably the reason I love true crime shows/documentaries so much).
- My S’s are printed, not cursive, which means I’m “versatile.”
- The loops of my Y’s are slender and incomplete, which suggests I choose my friends carefully and am selective of whom I get close to. Very true.
What does your handwriting say about YOU?